Fried Cabbage

Wednesday, October 6, 2010


(Me last month when we went to the produce store. Looks like a lot but we are feeding 6)

Fried Cabbage is one of my favorite dishes and is easy to prepare and you can vary the ingredients depending on what you like. I make it with or without meat. When I use meat it is usually turkey ham.

How much you use will depend on how many people you are cooking for.

Cabbage (slice all the way down and then slice that four to five times to make little slices. Little squares are fine too.)

Mild frying peppers (remove seeds and slice)

Scallions (cut the bulb off the end and slice up the rest)

Yellow squash

Jar of roasted red pepper (put in after the other veggies have softened a bit during cooking)

I was out of carrots, mushrooms, zucchini and onions but I usually add that too. There are plenty of other veggies you could add. Get creative!

In my wok I heat a little Wildtree Hickory Smoke Grilling Grapeseed Oil. (You can substitute with the oil of you choice. I love the hickory flavor and grapeseed oil is very healthy and has a high cooking flash point.)

I add some hot sauce or habanero sauce which is even hotter. (either one will do)

I preheat the oil and hot sauce and then start adding the veggies to the pan.

I add seasonings and then add more of the veggie mixture until all the veggies are in the wok.

I used Wildtree Adobo Seasoning Blend, Wildtree Garlic & Herb Blend, Wildtree Garlic Galore Seasoning Blend  and Wildtree Scampi Blend (This has minced pieces of Garlic in it. I love love love garlic)

 I love Wildtree's seasoning blends and they are preservative, msg, and additive free.

I use non stick tongs to mix it all around.

I cook it until it is as soft as I want the cabbage to be. I have had it with the cabbage soft and slightly firm. I prefer soft.

When it is done I either eat it as is or put it inside of a wrap which is really good!




 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

My wild adventure. Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino